Walkersons Hotel & Spa, outside Dullstroom in Mpumalanga, South Africa. This fine country hotel is ideal for the fly fishing enthusiast, and those discerning guests who are expecting fine cuisine in a spectacular setting.
The rolling highland hills surround this stately country hotel, a short 10km scenic drive from Dullstroom. Superb rainbow trout fishing, panoramic walks, a treatment at the wellness centre are amongst some of the activities available to guests. Each meal is a carefully crafted journey of the senses and is presented in the dining room or out on the patio. Luxurious suites warmed by log fires feature an array of facilities before settling down for a peaceful nights rest.
The Hotel has 25 rooms consisting of -
- 12 Lakeside Suites - these traditional suites are thatched, have full en-suite bathroom and open fireplace.
- 11 Luxury Lakeside Suites - these are large contemporary suites with two bathrooms, twin inside and one outside shower, Morso wooden fireplace and additional kitchenette facilities including microwaves.
- 1 Manor Suite, which contains two bedrooms (sleep up to 4, with two single beds in the second bedroom), with two bathrooms and in addition includes a large flat screen television, DVD player and CD player.
- 1 Honeymoon Suite - A large contemporary suite with an extra length king size four poster bed, with two bathrooms, twin inside shower and Jacuzzi bath, Morso wooden fireplace in room, and in addition includes a large flat screen television, DVD player and DVD Library in bedroom and lounge area ,with kitchenette facilities including microwave.
All of the above suites are equipped with the following:
- A spectacular lakeside or mountain view
- Private Patio
- Well Stocked Mini Bars
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- 16 channel television
- Room Service
- Writing desk and stationary
- Wall safe
By car from Johannesburg & Pretoria it will take you approximately 2 1/2 hours to reach Dullstroom. From there, you will find the Walkersons turnoff approximately 10km from Dullstroom on the road to Lydenburg. 4km of tarred road winds down into the estate valley.
By Air - Runway
For light aircraft there is a 1000m long, 8m wide asphalt runway and for helicopters there is a helipad. Anyone using these facilities is required to sign an indemnity form as you use either of them at your own risk.
Lat & Long: S25.21.68 E030.11.18
Radio: Hotel has no radio. Phone on (013) 253 7200.
VFR 124.8 Lowveld 119.0
Nearest: NSV RAD 295 41.2NM
WK RAD 087 111.2NM
Approach: Approach pad on heading 320.
Please Note: All pilots and passengers must complete the printable indemnity form and return it to Walkersons via fax at (013) 253 7230.