|Address:||De Nyl Zyn Oog
|Contact :||Lyzette Gomes|
|Local Tel :||011-469-0641|
|INT Tel :||+27-11-469-0641|
|Local Fax :||011-469-0696|
|INT Fax :||+27-11-469-0696|
Village d'Afrique is a privately owned, intimate, luxury tented camp, situated within the Shakila game farm.
The design and execution of the lodge, is such that maximum use of the surroundings and the beautiful views were considered, with minimum disturbance to the rich fauna and flora in the building thereof.
Luxury tents were specifically chosen as the preferred lodgings, in order to enhance the bushveld experience.
A kind of indoor-outdoor experience is what we wanted to achieve, and we are proud of what is on offer. In the communal lapa, all the amenities needed for self catering are available, from bar fridges, all the way through to the ice maker, TV with DSTV and all channels.
This is a great place for you to relax and recharge your mind, body and soul.
The central rim flow pool, with its Rhodesian Teak decks, along with loungers and firepit/braai area situated on the edge of the valley, offer a commanding view and a beautiful vantage point for sharing sundowners with the rest of your party.
Village d'Afrique is a mere 1 hour 45 min drive from Johannesburg, in the malaria free Waterberg. There is an abundance of things to explore in the area, should you be of the adventurous type. We believe, however, that this is the place to relax, spend quality time with family and friends and simply recharge.
Please enjoy your stay with us.
- Head North on the N1 in the direction of Polokwane.
- Pass two tollgates and at the third, Kranskop tollgate, exit in the direction of Modimolle (previously Nylstroom)
- Head into Modimolle until you reach the traffic lights at the R101. Turn left in the direction of Bela Bela (previously Warmbaths)
- Approximately 10kms along the R101, you will find the "De Nyl Zyn Oog" turn off to the right
- Follow this gravel road for approximately 2.5kms and you will find the entrance to Shakila on your left
- Follow the gravel road and take first "main" road to the left. Keep on this road till you find "Village D' Afrique" on your right