Pearly Beach : Accommodation, Activities, Restaurants & Points Of Interest
Pearly Beach, just 20 km from Gansbaai on the Southern Right Whale migration route, is a seaside hamlet bordering on a nature reserve. This small village forms part of the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve, known as the "heart of the fynbos kingdom" as there are many endemic plant species in the area.
Pearly Beach is famed for its diverse coastline and endless beaches. The bays along this coastline make it an ideal whale breeding site and other sea attractions include seals, dolphins, and sharks. Popular activities in Pearly Beach are swimming, fishing and hiking.
The area around Pearly Beach has an abundant bird and wildlife and is home to francolins, small buck, tortoises, and wild cat. Visitors can spot the rare African Black Oyster Catcher which nests on the beach.
Nearby Gansbaai is known as the capital of the Great White Shark and adventure seekers can get up close and personal with this beast of the deep in a shark cage dive.
- Pearly Beach Nature Reserve (4.88km)
- Uilkraalsmond Nature Reserve (6.36km)
- Soetfontein Nature Reserve (9.25km)
- Strandveld Museum (11.91km)
- Voelklip Island (14.52km)
- Gansbaai Golf Club (15.07km)
- Fees van die Ganse (16.81km)
- Dyer Island Cruises (16.95km)
- Klipgat Cave (17.68km)
- De Kelders Drip Cave (17.70km)
- Quoin Point Nature Reserve (18.28km)
- Danger Point Lighthouse (18.73km)
- Waterkop Private Nature Reserve (18.89km)
- Fairhill Private Nature Reserve (19.31km)
- Kleinrivier Private Nature Reserve (23.41km)
- Walker Bay Nature Reserve (23.50km)
- Nuwejaars River Nature Reserve (24.96km)
- Stanford Glendower Bird Fair (25.60km)
- Freewheeling in Stanford (25.62km)
- Sunset cruise on the Stanford River - African Queen Cruises (25.98km)
- Hermanuspietersfontein Boerdery (26.71km)
- Salmonsdam Nature Reserve (29.51km)
- See All Accommodation Listings Here
- See All Self Catering Listings Here
- Self Catering Cottage/ House/ Bungalow