Napier : Accommodation, Activities, Restaurants & Points Of Interest
The approach into the town of Napier (credits)
The little town of Napier, formerly a one-horse town on the way to somewhere else, is a village full of character and charm that nestles under the Soetmuisberg just two hours outside of Cape Town. It is a half hour to the beaches of Arniston, Stuisbaai and Cape Agulhas and this, as well as its proximity to other Overberg towns, makes Napier an ideal stop for those wanting to experience the delight of a truly rural atmosphere and a break from city life en route to the Garden Route.
Napier has attracted a group of artists and musicians who have placed their stamp upon the town. There is a guided tour through town and the annual Horse and Cart and Sweet Potato festivals celebrate that agriculture is the still main activity of Napier. The surrounding hills and barley and canola fields create magic views. Napier is also on the shipwreck route and the whale route. The De Hoop National Park is about 40 km away.
- Napier Patat Festival (0.58km)
- Napier Half Marathon and 6km (0.59km)
- Heuningberg Local Nature Reserve (13.10km)
- Bredasdorp Shipwreck Museum (14.49km)
- Agri Mega Week (15.16km)
- Overberg Eco-Expo (15.48km)
- Nuwejaars River Nature Reserve (18.28km)
- Hermanuspietersfontein Boerdery (22.14km)
- Salmonsdam Nature Reserve (24.35km)
- Agulhas National Park (29.51km)