Estcourt : Accommodation, Activities, Restaurants & Points Of Interest
Estcourt - Midlands & Battlefields (credits)
Situated 4 hours from Gauteng and 2 hours from Durban en route to the Drakensberg attraction of Giant's Castle, the picturesque KwaZulu Natal town of Estcourt lies along the Bushman's River from which the town originally took its name.
Renamed in honour of British MP, THSS Estcourt who encouraged the immigration of British settlers to South Africa, the town is a busy industrial and agricultural centre.
Just south of Estcourt was the southernmost point reached by the Boer Forces during The Anglo Boer War and it marks the beginning of the Kwazulu-Natal Battlefields Route.
The Weenen Reserve, just 25 kilometres from Estcourt is home to significant numbers of endangered black rhino, white rhino, giraffe, buffalo and numerous antelope species.
In addition to the game viewing opportunities afforded to Estcourt's visitors, a wide range of adventure activities are available. White water rafting, abseiling, golfing and water skiing on the nearby Wagendrift Dam make Estcourt a worthwhile destination for the outdoor enthusiast.
Review - Riverhouse Bed & Breakfast in Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal
Although The Riverhouse bed & breakfast is right in the middle of Estcourt, it feels like a peaceful country retreat because it overlooks a river. This Estcourt accommodation within easy access to the N3, and close to all local Estcourt amenities.
Estcourt is a a great place to stop over on the way to some other delightful Drakensberg accommodation. Bed and Breakfasts in the Midlands and Battlefields, are ideal for the businessman looking for a comfortable and upmarket stop-over.
Thanks to Karin Naude for the warm hospitality, an Estcourt B&B with a breakfast fit for a king. If you're on the road, The Riverhouse bed & breakfast in Estcourt is the place to stay between Mooi River and Ladysmith.
Jan Van Vuuren
- Glamosa Glass (0.26km)
- Fort Durnford Museum in Estcourt (1.72km)
- Estcourt Wagendrift Dam Cavanagh Marathon (5.72km)
- Bloukrans Monument (17.60km)
- World's View (19.08km)
- Thukela Game Reserve (20.15km)
- The Rhode House Museum in Mooi River (25.25km)
- Mooi River Birding (25.25km)
- The White Mountain Folk Festival (28.25km)
- Battle of Colenso (29.53km)
- See All Accommodation Listings Here
- Bed & Breakfast/ Guest House/ Guest Lodge
- See All Self Catering Listings Here
- Bush Lodge (Self Catering) (GAME NEARBY)
- Self Catering Cottage/ House/ Bungalow
- Frere (16.05km)