The Old Boksburg Post Office

Old Boksburg Post Office

Designed by Sytze Wierda in 1898, it took almost 7 years for the actual post office building to be constructed. Only the postmasters house had been constructed by 1899 and this was used until the post office was completed in 1905. This post office was used for the next 60 years and closed its doors in 1965. It took a further 31 years until the building was declared a national monument in August 1996. Other buildings which were designed by Sytze Wierda were the Old Law Courts in Church Street.
The Old Boksburg Post Office Information