Groups - Self Catering Accommodation
in Bela-Bela, Waterberg,
Limpopo, South Africa
Thornwood Lodge is a Group Venuesituated in the southern Waterberg, about 40km from Warmbaths on the R516. We are situated between Mabula and Mabalingwe on the Diepdrif road to De Wildt cheetah sanctuary. We are primarily a group venue and specialise in family groups, get-togethers, functions, golf groups, work bosberaads etc.
There are three accommodation types :
1 Leopard Room: Two bedroom chalet with shower room and toilet en-suite.
Sleeps 4, in 1 double bed and 2 singles. Tea and coffee making equipment in
room. Patio with bench, smoking only allowed here where cigarettes can be
extinguished properly in the sand tray provided.
2.Guinea Fowl Room: An open plan chalet, sleeping 4 singles, with a
shower and toilet. Tea /coffee making facilities. Patio bench for smoking.
3. Kudu Room: An open plan chalet, sleeping 4 singles, with a shower and
toilet. Tea /coffee making facilities. Patio with smoking area.
4. Chameleon Loft: A loft room, above the lapa, sleeping 2 singles.
Shower room and toilet, male and female, downstairs. No smoking.
5. Gecko Loft : A loft room, above the lapa, sleeping 2 singles with an
extra futon. Shower and toilet, male and female situated downstairs. No smoking.
*All bedding and towels supplied (except towels for swimming towels ) - rooms
are serviced each morning.
Additional Facilities at the Lodge:
- Lapa consists of a well equipped kitchen, fridges, freezer, electric
stove and gas plates, microwave, separate scullery,
- All utensils for 18-20 guests.
- All cleaning equipment supplied as kitchen is serviced twice a day.
- Bar area with lovely counter, bar stools and additional tables.
- Eating area in open plan lapa, with two large tables with chairs to seat
the whole group.
- Television / couched area , bring own DSTV card.
- Big deck leading out of lapa form where you can see lovely views of bush
veld below and animals on the property . Magnificent sunrises and sunsets..
- Below is the games room which has couches, pool table and table tennis
- Rim-flow swimming pool with a view and lovely water feature flowing down
past the lapa.
- Boma where fires are made for braais, or bon-fires to sit around and
enjoy the bushveld evenings.
- NB: Fires may not be made anywhere on the lodge except in the BOMA
- This is the only place where guests may smoke.
Walks are safe and easy on sand roads, mountain biking can be done -bring own
Driving is allowed at 25km /hr. Game to be seen are kudu , bushbuck, nyala,
blesbok, impala, duiker, steenbok, zebra, warthog, and other smaller game
-squirrels, bush babies, tortoises, porcupines, and the elusive but audible
jackals and caracals. Much bird life for the enthusiast.
Activities in the Area:
- Mabula Nature Reserve -18km
- Mabalingwe Nature Reserve and restaurant and day drives -14km
- Golf courses in the area are from Legends, far in the North, to Euphoria
and Koro Creek near Modimolle, and Elements near Bela Bela, to Zebula
Country Club and Spa just a few KM from Thornwood.
- Zebula Country Club, Golf and Spa with restaurant -15km
- Elements Golf Course -.11km.
- We also have a discount card for Thornwood residents to use on any
activity at Zebula, including golf, spa, restaurant, quad bikes, game walks,
drives, elephant encounters etc.
- De Wildt Shingwedzi Cheetah sanctuary -15km
- Forever Resort-Warm baths in Bela Bela -40km.
- Thaba Kwena Crocodile farm and tea garden -45km
- Bush Pub at neighbouring farm, L'Abri, specialising in micro brewing.
- L'abri Farm - Horse trails, Archery, paintball game drives, fishing
and more -2km.
- All information and contact numbers are in the brochure in each room at
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.
|Bush Lodge (Self Catering) (GAME NEARBY), Self Catering Apartment/ Flat, Self Catering Cottage/ House/ Bungalow, Bush Lodges (Catered) (GAME NEARBY), Bed & Breakfast/ Guest House/ Guest Lodge, Private Game Reserve, Self Catering Chalet/ Townhouse, Groups - Self Catering, Hotel/ Boutique Hotel, Holiday Resort, Guest Farm|
||List Now For Free
|Paintball, Game Drives, Fishing, Health / Beauty Treatment, Team Building, Walk and Explore, Bird Watching, Elephant Back Safari|
||List Now For Free
|View golf courses for Waterberg|
||List Now For Free
|View Town Information for Bela-Bela|