Self Catering Flatlet, Struisbaai, Overberg / Whale Coast, Western Cape
Close to where the 2 oceans meet you find this warm and spacious holiday
accommodation, Tarentaal. This self catering guest house is situated in the
peaceful coastal village of Struisbaai in the beautiful Western Cape. Tarentaal
is within walking distance of the beach, great restaurants, art galleries and
our famous harbour.
Our clients may either book one or both the flats, the 1, 2, or all 3 of the bedrooms in the main house. The property as a whole may also be booked for groups of up to 17 persons. Sunny, airy and very comfortably furnished, every day is a holiday at this spacious holiday house.
The Tarentaal property consists of a Main House and Flats. Tarentaal offer 3 entertainment areas and 5 under cover parking bays. A fully equipped Laundry is available for self help or as a service (Wash and Dry). The Dining Room may also be used for meetings and seminars for groups of up to 17 people.
The Main House consists of 3 x en-suite bedrooms (i.e. Rooms No. 3, 4 & 5), a communal kitchen and a lounge with a TV and DSTV decoder. Rooms No. 3 & 4 sleeps two (i.e. 1xKing size bed) and Room No. 5 sleeps 3 (i.e. 1xKing size + 1xSingle bed). Rooms No. 4 & 5 both has private entrances. All rooms are fully equipped with linen and towels. A spacious lounge and open plan kitchen is ready to build holiday memories.
The Flats are separate from the Main House complete with fully equipped with kitchenettes. Both Flats sleep 4 (i.e. 1xKing size + 2xSingle bed) and both have private entrances and access to the communal dining room and the outside braai area.
Included in the ratesTarentaal offer the following:
- Delivery of Restaurant meals
- Bedding, linen and towels
- Deep Freezer for the fisherman that wish to save some of the catch for later
- Fish cleaning facilities
- Secure parking for boats and baggage trailers
- A fully equipped Laundry is available for self help or as a service (Wash and Dry)
Struisbaai offers a host of activities - walking, wind surfing, deep sea
fishing, and birding to mention a few. A short drive and you can visit the
L'Agulhas Nature reserve, Southern Tip of Africa and the De Hoop Nature Reserve,
where the Southern Right Whale comes to breed and mate during the months of
August to November every year.
For a day trip you may visit the historical Elim, our famous local wine farms,Gansbaai.
If nothing else you may enjoy a lazy day in the sun with a glass of local wine in the courtyard followed by a peaceful and tranquil evening at Tarentaal!
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- conference venue onsite
- dishwasher onsite
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- whale watching (less than 10km)