Self Catering Cottages Accommodation
in Salt Rock on the KwaZulu-Natal
North Coast, South Africa
Preferred means of contact is via
If you really want to be on the beach, then you've come to the right place!
These exquisitely designed and decorated cottages are set in an oasis of lush tropical gardens and gentle winding pathways with the Indian ocean of the bottom of the lawn.
Sea Cottages are undoubtedly the closest to the sea to be found on the Dolphin Coast. A true beach lover's paradise, it is ideal for a romantic getaway, or the perfect (child friendly) family holiday. Relax on the deck chairs and watch the children frolic safely on the beach or keep an eye out for our other regular visitors - the bottle nose dolphin and hump back whale. Have the best of both worlds: quiet secluded cottages (and beaches), but with all amenities such as restaurants, bank ATM, shops and pubs within walking distance.
The Sea Cottages boast a choice of four separate exclusive chalets to suit your individual needs. Sea Wood and Sea Lodge are superb for families, Sea Horse and Saw Sea is a paradise for couples.
Sea Horse (large sea side thatch chalet with en-suite bathroom)
Sea Horse (2 steps from the beach), enchanting, fully furnished, large single room, beautiful thatch chalet, spacious en-suite bathroom and breath taking sea views from inside and out. Ideal for couples or couples with baby/child. The chalet is fitted with a queen size bed, sleeper couch, granite kitchenette, DStv, own build in braai, private entrance, beach access and is right on the beach.
Saw Sea (1 bedroom chalet)
Saw Sea (15 meter from the beach) is a charming one bedroom cottage with a queen size bed, DSTV, fully fitted separate lounge/kitchen opening onto private patio with build in braai.stunning sea views from inside and out and direct beach access.
Sea Wood (2 bedroom family thatch chalet)
Sea Wood (15 meters from the beach) is a luxury two bedroom thatch chalet with private sundeck and majestic sea views and DStv. The main bedroom is air conditioned and has a queen sized bed.the second bedroom is a wooden loft with one double and one single bed. Steps have a balustrade and a gate at the bottom. The lounge and fully fitted granite kitchenette open onto a private wooden sundeck (with build in braai) and are a few steps from the beach.
Sea Lodge (large 2 ½ bedroom family thatch chalet)
Sea Lodge (20 meters from the beach) is a beautiful large two and a half bedroom, two bathroom thatch cottage with its own separate fully fitted kitchen, dining room, lounge area and private patio, as well as DStv. The master bedroom is fitted with a king size bed, air-con and has an interleading children's bedroom. The second bedroom has one double and one single bed. Sea Lodge is ideal for larger families r two couples on holiday together.
What you will be able to enjoy at Sea Cottages:
What To Do in Salt Rock and Surrounding Areas:
- Beautiful sandy beaches.
- Regular sightings of whale and dolphin.
- Fishing on the beach (in front of the cottages).
- All cottages have DStv, braai's, incredible sea views from inside and out and direct beach access.
- All cottages have fans; Sea Wood and Sea Lodge have air conditioned main bedrooms.
- Fully fitted kitchens and kitchenettes with modern conveniences, including fridge/freezer, microwave, mini oven (Sea Lodge and Sea Wood have a standard oven).
- Bathrooms - Saw Sea and Sea Wood have shower baths. Sea Horse has a bath and hand shower. Sea Lodge has a separate shower and baths.
- All cottages have their own alarm system linked to a 24 hour armed response service.
- Daily maid's service (excluding Sundays and public holidays).
- Linen supplied (please bring your own bath, beach towels and umbrella).
- Playground - trampoline, jungle gym with swings (one is baby safe) and a slide for the kids.
- Secure parking (remote controlled gates/doors).
- Private entrance and access.
- It's a fisherman's, surfers, and diver's paradise!
- Catch crayfish and pick mussels for dinner!
- Swimming areas for adults and children.
- Take a plunge in the Salt Rock tidal pool, or watch the kids play in local-favorite Grannies Pool (kiddy-safe tidal pool), a mere stone's throw away.
- There are several exclusive romantic restaurants within a two-minute walk of the Sea Cottages, and for the young-at-heart, many popular night-spots are nearby to boogie the night away.
- Walking distance to Salt Rock Hotel, shops, 5 restaurants, laundromat and a bank ATM.
- For the avid Golfers, Umhlali and Durban Golf Courses are a short drive away.
- uShaka Marine World (ultra-popular World class aquarium and water park, Durban, 40 minutes away).
- Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom (15 minutes away).
- Crocodile Creek Reptile Park and Animal Farm only 15 minutes drive away.
- Doctors, chemists, and large department stores only 10 minutes away in Ballito.
- Gateway Shopping Centre is 20 minutes away with activities for all ages, including the wave pools, skate park, 16 movie houses, Imax Theatre, tenpin bowling, restaurants and games arcade for kids.
- These magnificent Sea Cottages are 30 minutes away (50km) from Durban, 40 minutes from Durban Airport and 5 ½ hours from Johannesburg.
- Malaria free area.
So if an early morning stroll along the beach watching the sunrise and dolphins takes your fancy, or surfing, diving and fishing is your life, or just enjoying a sundowner with your feet up works for you, take some time out and come to the splendor of the Sea Cottages and forget about the rat-race for a while..
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.