A charming Karoo style cottage built on solid rock. The enclosed garden, newly planted with Olive trees, lavender, herbs and Karoo fynbos together with a 'sinkdam' styled swimming pool and covered patio & braai area makes for a very relaxing experience. Read a book, languishing on the outside couches enjoying the mountain views with a glass of wine or..sit in the lounge enjoying the company with a glass of wine or..sit in the pool or.. go for a walk or.. just relax!!!! You're in the country.
The Cottage is on Ridge Rd Estate, 9 kilometers from Clarens on the tarred Fouriesburg Rd- R711. It is surrounded by 28 hectares of indigenous grassland and mountain views. The gravelled driveway to the house is only 400m.
There are 3 bedrooms - all luxury en suite with queen size beds. All have crisp white 100% cotton percale linen, fluffy white towels, electric blankets and wall heaters. The open plan living area has the kitchen, dining table and lounge with large TV (DSTV Bouquet sports & movies) and fireplace.
Large aluminium sliding doors give access to the incredible view plus being North facing, loads of sunlight.
The pool is fashioned after the traditional 'sink dam' with an infinity edge mirroring the views. Due to the open pool & ponds that feed the dam we regret the Cottage is not recommended for small children or toddlers.
The Cottage features
- 'Sinkdam' pool with infinity edge & ponds
- Covered patio braai area
- Enclosed garden
- Parking on site
- Sunny lounge with DSTV bouquet (sports & movies)
- Private entrances to all rooms
- Spring water on tap
- It is not serviced but that can be arranged on request
- Room 1 - En suite - queen with bath plus separate entrance
- Room 2 - En suite - queen with shower plus separate entrance
- Room 3 - En suite - queen with shower plus separate entrance