Raptor's Rest Bed & Breakfast
Traveling north of Durban through the lush sugar plantations of the Zululand coastal belt it is a one and a half hour trip to St Lucia are only one hour from our luxurious yet inexpensive front door.
Raptor's Rest is a true Bed & Breakfast i.e. we invite you to come stay in our home. It is not an inn or a lodge but a home where you will always be able to relax and where your privacy, safety and well being is our goal.
The shade and cool of the garden is offset by the rich glow of natural wood, the comfort of exquisite fabric and the gleam of brass. The dinning room, lounge and bar all have separate identities but the tasteful decor, the up market comfort and the cool air conditioning make this area flow with warmth and homeliness.
All eight bedrooms have their own unique style and feel. Each with their own entrance from the garden is extremely comfortable with remote air conditioning and television and everything else the Tourism Grading Council of S.A. deems essential for a Four star grading. Plus wireless internet connection for the traveling executive.
A full scrumptious South African breakfast is served each morning by your host, John Dunlop, with a few extras of his own in the dinning room and the attractive breakfast patio.
So come, make my life more interesting and yours that little more laid back listening to the many birds that frequent our beautiful sub tropical garden and the running water in our water features and swimming pool.
- Fans (all units)
- TV (all units)
- satellite (communal area)
- Private entrance (all units)
- Internet hotspot (all units)
- Sparkling pool
- Parking - all on gravel site (security)
- Five bird feeders
- Guardhouse at gate
- Tea/coffee tray (all units)
- Town centre (less than 2km)
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- airport transfers
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in communal area
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite