Moorcroft Manor Country Hotel
We are perfectly situated to provide rest for the weary but at the same time we are surrounded by places offering activities that suit young and old. Inside one experience warm luxury and a mere step onto your verandah and the beauty of a rugged countryside awaits you.
The Accommodation comprises elegantly furnished rooms, all with bathrooms en-suite. Choose from standard double rooms, a junior suite and two executive suites. Our rooms and bathrooms have under-floor heating to keep away the winter chill and are provided with wireless internet access, DSTV, ceiling fan, hair dryer, bath robes and tea/coffee.
Each room has its own adjoining private patio leading onto the lawns and the rock pool with an uninterrupted view towards Hodgsons Peaks and the sometimes snow-covered mountain tops of the Lesotho Kingdom.
In the event of a mains failure, a sufficiently large generator will support electric services.
Moorcroft Manor is located in the foothills on the Drakensberg mountains and is the perfect base for exploring the beautiful rural settings, rich in natural splendour and steeped in history.
- Sani Pass in either your 4 x 4 or with a tour operator (bring your passport). At the top of the pass you can visit the highest pub in Africa and authentic rural villages.
- Reichenau Mission - this stunning mission is worth a visit.
- In the town of Underberg one can visit the Underberg Studio where you are welcomed by the wonderful couple, Lawrence and Catherine Brennan.
- Horse Riding
- Fly Fishing
- Bushmen Paintings
- Cultural and sporting events
A Fly In
Guests/pilots arriving with their own aircraft at Himeville airstrip (5km away) will be transferred to and from Moorcroft Manor.
Health and Beauty
Guests who enjoy the quieter things in life may just want to relax with a book in our lounge, stroll in our gardens and unwind with a massage or with one of a variety of therapies available in the area. Let our staff advise you on details and make the necessary arrangements.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- Member of TripAdvisor
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities