Moon Mountain Lodge is an ultra-luxury tented
lodge ideally located at the foot of the Naukluft Mountains. Large, airy rooms
offer all the comforts of a luxury hotel suite with infinite views from your bed
or private splash pool. The lodge is situated 56km from Sesriem - the gateway to
Sossusvlei, home to the world's highest dunes and close to the quaint little
village of Solitaire.
Moon Mountain Lodge offers 17 accommodation units
each with a private a plunge pool. Rooms offer spectacular views of the adjacent
mountain ranges or desert landscape. In addition, each unit is individually
The Executive Suites feature detached private bathrooms.
Bathrooms include separate deep soaking bathtubs and handled showers with
rainfall shower heads. The double sinks allow for ample space, while as an added
convenience, bathrobes and slippers are provided.
offered daily and wake-up calls can be requested. Our Nebula Restaurant
specialises in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks.
Alfresco dining is possible on the outside deck (weather permitting).
fully-licensed Cosmos Bar serves drinks throughout the day and is adjacent to a
large deck overlooking the desert plains and Petrified dunes in the distance.
- Electricity is available 24/7
- Free parking and transfer access to the lodge is offered to guests who
don't have a 4x4 vehicle
- Tea/Coffee facilities are available and delivered to your room. (No room
- Coffee tea and cake are served every afternoon, after a long day in the
- A safe is available at Reception for guests' valuables
- A flat screen TV offers you the chance to catch up on news or sports
- This lounge can also be used for small conferences for up to 17 people
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the main area
- Cell phone reception is available in all the rooms and the main area
- A laundry service is available at a nominal charge
Our friendly staff are locally trained Namibian citizens. Their passion is to
serve and to ensure guests have a memorable stay at Moon Mountain Lodge.
- 11 Tented Luxury Units
- 6 Tented Executive Suites (3 of which can be converted into Family
Suites. Two children can share with two adults.)
- 4 Tented Pilot and guide rooms (Children old enough can also be
accommodated in the standard rooms)
- All units are non-smoking
- Fridge in Executive Suites, Tea/Coffee facilities in all rooms,
Hairdryer, Plunge pool, Telephone
Children are catered for:
- Mattress available for children under 12 years of age or sleeper couches
in 2 of the suites
- Camping Baby Cots on request
- Suitable accommodation for children 6 to 12 years (Maximum 2) sharing a
bedroom with two adults stay at 50% discount (subject to availability).
- Children under the age of 6 years stay and eat for free.
Activities offered at the establishment:
- Sossusvlei Excursion (Incl: vehicle, guide, entrance fee and on
- Mountain Sunset Drives (Incl: vehicle, guide, on board refreshments)
- Hiking Trails are safe to explore without a guide
- Longer day-hikes are available by prior arrangement
The Sossusvlei Excursion will depart
- 1 hour before sunrise to allow enough time to reach the Sesriem entrance
Mountain Sunset Drive will also depart
- 1 hour before sunset
- Hiking on the property can be done at any time of the day and at own
(We have no age restriction on the above activities provided children are
accompanied by their parents.)
Activities offered at other
establishments in the area:
- Scenic Flights (Helicopter, Hot Air Balloon, Plane)
- [Sossusvlei Adventure Centre]
- Quad Biking [Sossusvlei Adventure Centre]
- Archery [Sossusvlei Adventure Centre]
- Cheetah Park [Solitaire Guest Farm - N/a'an ku se]
- Hiking in the Naukluft Park
- Horse Riding [Desert Homestead and Horse Trails]
- Our friendly staff at the lodge will assist you with arranging any of
the mentioned activities not offered on our property.
- We can either transfer you to these properties or you are welcome
to drive in your own vehicle. Directions will be supplied.
We have a relatively safe environment and our
staff are always willing to assist children around the lodge. We welcome all
Landing strip at Namib Naukluft Lodge used by Moon Mountain
23º 59' 74" South 15º 56' 0" East
Altitude: 3,500 feet
Compacted Sand / Gravel surface
Please ensure you make prior arrangements
with our Reservations Office to be collected from the airstrip.