MALIBA MOUNTAIN LODGE
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
in Butha Buthe, Butha Betha,
Located in the Royal Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho within the Tsehlanyane
National Park, Maliba Mountain Lodge is a mountain retreat set in a pristine
sub-alpine wilderness valley deep in the North of Lesotho's breathtaking Maluti/Drakensberg
Mountains. Maliba Mountain is the first 5-star lodge in Lesotho and it has set
the benchmark for future tourism development within the region.
Guests are accommodated in one of six private and luxurious Basotho-style
mountain chalets. Each chalet is over 80m2 in size and is tastefully decorated
with natural earthy tones. The warm design element has been expressed by
under-floor heating, electric blankets, heated towel rails and wall panels which
create a comfortable living environment for guests during the cooler months. A
deep 2 person bath offers guests breathtaking views as one relaxes and soaks up
the tranquil surroundings. A king size extra length bed and mood lighting help
to create the final comfort features expected in luxury accommodation. A private
viewing deck, nestled in the trees provides guests with a completely unique way
to touch the heart of the Lesotho Mountains.
Other accommodation exists within Maliba Lodge's concession area in the form of
four self catering River Lodges. These thatched houses are modern and are
situated at the junction of 2 rivers. Each contains 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
and are fully self contained and serviced.
All thatched mountain Maliba chalets have the following facilities:
- Open fire place
- Stocked bar fridges
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Electronic personal safes
- King size beds in four rooms & two ¾ beds in each of the remaining 2
- Hair dryers
- Under floor heating and/or heat panels
- Electric blankets
- All rooms overlook the indigenous forest and the Maluti Mountains
- Jacuzzi (in honeymoon suite only)
- Satellite TV and DVD player (in honeymoon suite only) with hundreds of
movies to select from the well stocked Catalog
- A portable TV & DVD player is available on request by pre booking this
with the duty manager. An extensive DVD library is available as well
Attractions nearby / Things to do:
- As Maliba lodge is situated within a private leased area of Tsehlanyane
National Park we have on our doorstep several secluded marked mountain bush
trails & bridle paths for exploration.
- Guided horse riding is available on local Lesotho ponies, renowned for
being firm underfoot even on the rugged slopes of the Lesotho mountainside.
- 3km from the lodge are several natural Basotho villages where one can
safely wander and explore everyday life.
- Afriski is situated 2 hours drive from the lodge and is Africa's highest
ski resort (seasonal between June-September). Our reservations team can
organize skiing packages to here when in season or just take a day drive and
a picnic lunch.
- Liphofung caves and museum is 1 hour drive from Maliba.Originally used
by the San and other Stone Age people, the walls contain important rock art
and a rich archaeological deposit of Stone Age implements occurs on the
- Katse dam is 3 hour drive away and has the highest dam in Africa
- Clarens is situated in South Africa just 1 hours drive from the lodge
and is an artists' haven with many well-known artists either living in or
frequenting the village on a regular basis with many art galleries scattered
around the village square.
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.