Tamboti River Private Game Reserve borders the Waterberg Biosphere, which is on UNESCO's world list of biospheres - areas registered to protect internationally unique ecosystems. A pristine corner of South Africa where nature reigns supreme.
Through this African Eden runs the perennial Tamboti River. With its own 1100m airstrip, and only two and a half hour's drive from Pretoria, easy access is assured. The reserve is situated between Vaalwater and Lephalale in the north-western section of Limpopo Province, South Africa.
A true unspoilt bushveld paradise of 1200 hectare, with its majestic mountains, rivers and wetlands, wealth of bushveld trees, plants and abundance of animal and bird life - totally malaria free.
This is a place of rare and rugged beauty, with versatile wildlife. Crystal-clear water streams have carved the scenic topography of the Waterberg mountain wilderness.
This safari style exquisite game lodge showcases a luxurious hideaway, a haven for those seeking a quality wildlife getaway. The primary activity offered by this lodge is to relax in peace and quite of a great natural environment. The architectural designed Lodge with its beautiful, natural elements is located on a mountain overlooking a waterhole. The setting is spectacular with beautiful mountains and bush scenery. Only natural elements was used like natural stone, thatch roof, solid teak wood. Large glass areas optimises the spectacular views.
The lodge offers three private spacious bedrooms all en-suite and all have views of the beautiful cliffs and mountains. One room with a King size bed, room 2 queen size and room 3 two three quarter beds. A staircase leads down to a unique and mysterious wine cellar. Combined lounge and dining room elegantly styled with opulent Persian carpets and vintage leather couches to add to the old-school luxury. Fireplace with two openings. Separate scullery and laundry. A very spacious separate playroom with n pool table, games and indoor gas braai. Three separate patios for relaxing and entertaining and a separate gym area. An outside pool with surrounded wooden deck next to a braai and small wooden bar area.
Apart from the Lodge is a private, self catering, open plan chalet with two double beds and two bathrooms, fully and well equipped kitchen, braai area and patio which is also available. Can accommodate a family of 4.
The establishment is private, self catering, family-friendly, and is available as a self-catering lodge to be booked as a whole – for just you and your travelling party’s exclusive use up to 10 guests. Available to one group at a time. Extra mattresses and stretcher beds can be arranged for children, if more than 10 people.
Ideally to treat family and friends with a weekend breakaway to the bush! An opportunity to recharge. A game drive can be arranged with our manager while you can sit back, relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the bushveld while viewing the klipspringer, zebras, impala, blue wildebeest, kudu, giraffes and many more. NOT BIG 5.
- Bird watching
- Braai / barbecue communal onsite
- Ceiling fans in all rooms and lounge areas
- DSTV playroom
- Radio/bluetooth sound system
- Electronic safe - all rooms
- Flat screen TV Free toiletries
- DSTV in communal area
- Gas Braai
- Hair dryer
- Cleaning service
- Game drives (additional cost)
- small ice machine
- Linen/towels provided
- Outdoor pool
- Two- way radio's
- Rechargeable flashlights
- Malaria free
- Mountain biking
- Water dispenser with free filtered water
- Toasted sandwich maker
- Tea /coffee making facility
- Parking onsite
- Laundry facilities
Cancellations must be made in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should a confirmed reservation be cancelled, the following cancellation fees will apply:
- If cancelled less than 30 days before arrival, forfeit deposit.
- If cancelled 10 days or less before arrival, liable for full cost.
Arrival & Departure Times
Check-in time: 12h00 -18h00 on arrival day.
Check-out time 11h00 on departure day.
Please contact Elna 24 hours in advance for your ETA, to inform the main gate.
Terms Of Payment
Please note: 50% deposit is required when making a booking. The remaining amount is due 10 days prior to check-in.
Deposit payment to be made within 3 days of confirmed availability.
Booking secured once, payment reflects in our account.
Email proof of payment to: email@example.com.
* All rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR)
- Absolutely NO SMOKING is permitted INSIDE the house and chalet. Please make use of ashtrays and ashtray pots around the venue and only smoke in allocated outdoor areas.
- When leaving the chalet or Lodge unoccupied at any time, please close the doors as baboons and monkeys will go inside.
- Magdaleen's working hours are from 8:30 am - 12h00, she will also come in again around 5am to set the table and for quick washing of dishes. She is there to make beds, clean and wash dishes.
- No pets allowed
- Please consider neighbours at all times, no loud noise.
- The Game drive vehicle is for use by the manager only.
- No swimming in the river
- Breakages: Please inform us of any breakages.
- An initial amount of firewood (4 bags) will be provided for self-catering guests, and any extra wood required may be purchased @ R25/ bag from Rosina.
- Fires to be made ONLY in appropriate fire pit areas provided and guests must please ensure that fires are completely extinguished before they leave the chalet & Lodge or before going to bed.
- The swimming pool is used at your own risk & children may only swim under adult supervision. Please inform Elna before arrival should you want the safety net on the pool.
- The speed limit within the lodge grounds and the reserve is 20km/hr.
- NO refuse to be placed within or outside the Lodge or chalet, it will be removed daily.
- Linen, towels, toilet paper and basic bathroom amenities will be provided.
- Please do not use bath towels for Swimming; they are supplied for bathing purposes only. Swimming towels are provided..
- In case of power failure please call Magdaleen to assist with the generator on the premises. Time schedule for use of the generator will be provided. Generator will be switched on for 4 hours at a time with a rest period in between.
Two mobile, two way Radios in the kitchen should be on charge at all times and can be used in case of emergency.
Please Do Not let children play around with these radios, we are connected to 8 different stations in the area where safety is the main concern for communication. These are for emergencies ONLY.