KROM DRIFT COTTAGE
Self Catering Cottage Accommodation
in Swartberg, Southern Drakensberg,
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Krom Drift Cottage is centrally situated on a farm in the Swartberg area. The house consists of an old farmhouse built about 100 years ago. The style is of the times, solidly built and spacious. The cottage has the feel of "farm-life" with a country atmosphere but without all the unnecessary frills!
The house has 7 bedrooms, it can sleep 16 people, and it has a shower, 2 baths, 2 flush toilets, and fully equipped kitchen. The lounge has a cosy fireplace adjacent to the dining room. The house also has a large verandah, ideal for enjoying sundowners, and having your breakfast on the verandah while enjoying the beautiful view.
The dam on the farm is but a 3km drive from the now 100-year old farmhouse.
House is serviced daily. (You are expected to pay maid independently). Sheets
and Blankets are provided.
What To Do
- We have TV - bring own decoder with your own card
- We have a microwave
- No towels supplied
- Fishing: Bass and Carp in our own dams, Trout fishing available on a nearby farm.
- Swimming and Water Skiing at our Krom Dam
- Tubing: When the river if full can be great fun
- Mountain Bike Riding
- Bird Watching: over 200 different species
- Picnicking at our dams, or on a scenic Mountain Trail
- Barbeque: Braai facilities provided including a Weber
- Hiking Trails: Krom Drift Hiking Trail. The same 10km route as the Quad and Bike Trail. It will take you 4 hours to hike it. It also has beautiful picnic sites. Very easy hiking.
- Beauty Treatments - Beauty Therapist on site. Treatments are
done next to office in "Cosy Nook".
Come and relax, and enjoy being pampered. To avoid disappointment, and
availability, you have to pre-book. The therapists are not always available.
* Swedish Massage - Fully body - 1 hour - R120.00
* Back Massage only - 45 minutes - R100.00
(Swartberg / Southern Drakensberg
- 70km south of Underberg,
- 200km from Pietermaritzburg,
- 200km from Port Shepstone,
- 280km from Durban,
- 680km from Gauteng
- No Pets Allowed!
- We have 15km of dirt road
- We are 70 km from the nearest shop and fuel station.
- Bring own towels
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.