De Oude Drostdy Museum is housed in the the Drostdy built in 1806 by Louis Michael Thibault. The museum is furnished with a collection of early Cape furniture and other household articles. Of particular interest is the museum's collection of gramophones.
The museum is also used to display the arts and craft of local artists form time to time.
The House of Drostdy Hof Wines is also located at the museum, Visitors may wish to try a glass of wine in the 200-year-old jail.
4km out of Tulbagh on the Winterhoek Road - follow the signs
(023) 230 0203
Mon-Sat: 10:00-13:00 / 14:00-17:00
, Prince Alfred Hamlet
, Riebeek Kasteel
Nearby Points Of Interest:Groot Winterhoek Wilderness Area
, Riebeek Valley Country Fair Medfest
, Limietberg Nature Reserve
, Shiraz and Art Weekend
, Riebeek Wes Fresh Funky Market
, Slanghoek Valley
, Wellington Museum
, Wellington Wine Harvest Festival
, CANSA Relay for Life - Malmesbury
, Musiek Oppi Lande
, Breedekloof Festival
, Breedekloof Soetes and Soup
, Windmeul Winery Farmers Market
, Ceres Chrysanthemum Show