People visit Jeffrey's Bay to enjoy the year-round warm water, sunshine and relaxed lifestyle. Clean safe beaches and mild climate allow
water sports all year, including windsurfing, diving, and most of all, surfing.
Surfing in Jeffreys Bay
Jeffrey's Bay is rated among the ten best surfing spots in the world. J-Bay - as it is known to the locals - hosts the Billabong Surfing Festival every July.
The Billabong Pro Surfing Competition attracts top surfers from around the globe to ride the the infamous Supertubes, now part of the ASP World Tour.
Jay Bay Sand Boarding
Telephone (042) 296 2974
Jeffrey's Bay Shark Aquarium
Location: Palm Drive, Marina Martinique
Hours: 8h30 to 17h00
Admission: R25 (2009) children under 10 free
Tel: (042) 292 0683
Dolphin Beach Entertainment
- waterslide, mini golf and quad bikes
- (082) 445 4014
Nature Reserves Near Jeffrey's Bay include
Baviaanskloof Wilderness Area, Stinkhoutberg Nature Reserve, and Formosa Nature Reserve These nature reserves offer bird watching, hiking trails.
Other Attractions in Jeffrey's Bay
- Jeffreys Bay Shell Museum - Tel: (042) 293 1945
- Jeffreys Bay Shell Festival (September)
- Dundee Golf Course
- Marina Mile Swim Competion - Marina Martinique
- Beach Horse Rides - (082) 574 9396
Restaurants / Entertainment
- Potter's Place, 042 293 2500, Cnr Oosterland & St Francis
- Potter's Planet - live theatre - 042 293 2500