Hoopoe Haven Guest House offers secure, affordable three star Bed and Breakfast and AA highly recommended self-catering cottages and luxury tented camps near Fourways.
Our Karee Tree Conference Centre and Function Venue can provide world class conference or meeting facilities and small intimate functions from baby showers, to dinners or quiet parties or small weddings of up to 50 people.
Hoopoe Haven Guest Lodge is a small and peaceful country guest house, situated in beautiful Chartwell, just behind Broadacres shopping centre in Fourways. It is positioned on 2 acres of landscaped gardens with nearby Horse trails and a beautiful view of the Magaliesburg Mountains. It is a place to relax and unwind in the peace and quiet of the countryside. One can watch the magnificent birdlife, (over 50 different species have been spotted here), while you have sundowners on the patio or a braai on the upstairs balcony or state-of-art Braai area or a cooling swim in our crystal clear pool, with a beautiful sunset in the background.
The guests staying at Hoopoe Haven Guest House are amazed at the tranquillity and friendly atmosphere and the size and quality of the accommodation.
The lodge is a beautiful thatch house with luxurious finishing's including sandstone tiles, Cherrywood cupboards, granite counter tops and quality furniture, designed for comfortable living. Facilities include upstairs braai and patio area, swimming pool, luxury lounge with full premium DSTV, savika security and electric fencing, free Wi-Fi and restaurant with our own resident chef serving delicious, wholesome homemade breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We have 5 rooms in the lodge - 3 luxury en-suite rooms and a 2 rooms sharing a bathroom. Each room has air-conditioning, bar fridge, safe and piped DSTV and free wifi and tea and coffee facilities and the bathrooms have a bath and shower. In addition, our 3 en-suite rooms all have a desk . Our executive room has a spa bath, special linen, sherry and all the extras. The one en-suite room in the lodge has its own garden and pet friendly.
We also have 3 separate two bed roomed cottages (sleeps 4-6 each), a one bed-roomed family pet friendly cottage (sleeps 2 adults and 2 children) and 2 small 2 sleeper cottage (shower only) and 2 ultra luxury tents (able to sleep 4 and 2 people).
We want you to view this house as your home away from home. There are no restrictions at the lodge and you have your own access keys so you can come and go whenever you please. With all these luxuries one would expect to pay the earth, but the rates at Hoopoe Haven are extremely affordable.
GPS co ordinates
S 25 59 33.1 (-25.992535) E 27 58 2.58 (27.967390)Directions
Coming from OR Tambo International Airport:
Coming from Johannesburg/Durban
- Take the R24 to Johannesburg
- Turn off on the N3 (N1) to Pretoria (about 11km)
- When the N3 becomes the N1 (about 16km), DO NOT take the turning off to Pretoria. Carry on the N1 south to Roodepoort
- Take the second slip road after that to William Nicol (about 9km) and follow the direction below
- From the N3 (N1 south) Highway towards Roodepoort, take the William Nicol off-ramp
- Turn right at the top off the off-ramp, over the highway, towards fourways mall.
- Take the slip road opposite Monte Casino, left into Witkoppen Road.
- Once in Witkoppen, turn right at the next traffic lights into Cedar Avenue (this is the road to Lanseria Airport).
- After approximately 5 kms turn left at the traffic lights after Broadacres shopping centre into 3rd Avenue
- At the 4 way stop (mind drainage dips) turn left into Runnymead Road.
- 300m turn right into 2nd Road.
- About 1 km down the road forks to the right, keep right.
- We are the first driveway on the left hand side, plot 206B.
- Press the intercom on plot 206 (top button on left hand gate) for reception and we will come down to see you.
0 to 14 days prior to arrival date - 50% of the total invoiced "Amount due" is payable.
14 to 28 days prior to arrival date - 25% of the total invoiced "Amount due" is payable.
More than 28 days prior to arrival date - 12,5% of the total invoiced "Amount due" is payable.
Early departure - No refund.
Arrival & Departure Times
Check-in time is from 2pm to 7pm, arrivals after 7pm can be accommodated on request.
Check-out time is 10:30am
Terms Of Payment
50% deposit to secure booking. 100% for single and same day bookings. Balance is due on day of arrival.
Please note: The booking is only confirmed once we have received the deposit.
We reserve the right, if needed, to upgrade your booking to a bigger equivalent room /cottage at no extra charge to the guest.
please note: we do not accept late check-ins after 10pm unless prior arrangement has been made.
Once you check-in you will be given a full set of keys and can come and go as you wish.
children under 4 are free
in the cottages children over the age of 3 will be treated as adults
in the Lodge children between 4-12 years old pay a set R230.00 per day
The Hoopoe room and the dove cottage are pet-friendly but we charge an extra R50.00 per day to cover the extra cleaning.
Please note that by municipal regulation we are not allowed to hold large, loud parties.