Helen & Richard welcome you to Etafileni, an open plan self-catering fully furnished studio flat nestling at the foot of Table Mountain. The flat has one queen sized bed and is suitable for a couple or single traveler (non smoking, no pets). We offer 20 Mbps fibre internet access and access to a colour printer & fax. The flat has a comfortable and private garden with plant and bird life, a beautiful swinging chair, a view of Table Mountain and a barbecue. The entrance to the flat is private. The flat has an alarm system and parking is secure, off street and behind electric fencing. Guests are invited to share our swimming pool (generally between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm, or otherwise by agreement). The swimming pool is solar heated. We are situated in the City Bowl conveniently close to the heart of Cape Town.
- Flat screen TV with HDMI and AV connectivity
- Blu Ray player
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave (including convection & grill) and hob.
- Shower room (shower, no bath).
- Open plan dining and lounge area flowing through large French doors into the garden area.
- Ceiling fan.
- Secure wall mounted digital safe.
- Alarm system.
- Serviced 3 times a week.
- Laundry offered on request.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Bordering on historic forest with direct access to Table Mountain National Park.
- This area offers excellent mountain biking, jogging, hiking and leisure walks. (You can climb Table Mountain directly from our property).
Conveniently & centrally located near to:
- Excellent restaurants & a convenience shop: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Gardens Shopping Centre: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi / 2 mins drive
- Cape Town Central Business District: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi / 6 mins drive
- Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC): 5 km / 3 mi / 12 mins drive
- V&A Waterfront (shops, craft markets, restaurants, Two Oceans Aquarium): 6.5 km / 4 mi / 13 mins drive
- Vibrant Long Street with excellent nightlife and African shops: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi / 8 mins drive
- Kloof Street, known for interesting restaurants and trendy shops: 2 km / 1.2 mi / 5 mins drive
- University of Cape Town (UCT): 10 km / 6.3 mi / 12 mins drive
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens: 13 km / 8 mi / 15 mins drive
- Cape Town Houses of Parliament / National Arts Gallery / Planetarium / Iziko South African Museum: 2 km / 1.3 mi / 5 mins drive
- Sea Point (promenades & beaches): 10 km / 6.2 mi / 15 mins drive
- Cape Town International Airport: 15 km / 9.4 mi / 20 mins drive
- World of Birds, Hout Bay: 20 km / 12.5 mi / 25 mins drive
- Chapman's Peak Drive: 22 km / 13.8 mi / 30 mins drive
- Green Point Soccer Stadium (Venue for Soccer Wold Cup in Cape Town): 6kms / 3.6 mi / 15 minute drive
Excellent use of space, well designed! DVD selection with so many South African titles commendable! Very impressed with the security system. We will definitely be back.
Elizma and Martin, South Africa
This is definitely now our accommodation of choice for whenever we are in Cape Town. Complete privacy with everything you need and great value for money. We really enjoyed our stay. Will recommend whenever I can!
Melanie and Shaun, Eastern Cape
Thank you so much for allowing us to share your wonderful and comfortable home and your very excellent attention to all of our needs. We had a marvelous experience and will be sure to see you again if we are ever fortunate to return.
Dorothy and John, Oregon, USA.
S 33° 56' 45.30"
E 18° 25' 14.34"
From the N2 (e.g. Cape Town International Airport / Hermanus / George / East London):
Take the N2 city bound. At the hospital bend, the N2 merges with 2 other lanes from the left (the M3). Change lanes to either of the left 2 lanes - signposted as "De Waal Drive, Cape Town South and the Cableway". Follow De Waal Drive (3.3km) until you pass under a foot bridge. Take the 2nd road to the left (just before the 2nd bridge) - signposted as "Camps Bay, Cableway" Keep in the left lane and take the 2nd road left (an off-ramp), signposted as "To Buitenkant". Pass through 1 stop street and turn left at the traffic lights into Buitenkant. Ahead of you at these traffic lights is the Gardens Shopping Centre and to your right the road leads under a bridge (Jutland Road). Follow Buitenkant Road up towards the mountain... Please refer to "The last step" now
From the N1 ( e.g. by car from Johannesburg):
Take the N1 city bound. Take the Oswald Pirow / Heerengracht off ramp. Follow Oswald Pirow for 1.7 km past the Good Hope Centre, the Cape Technikon and the Best Western Hotel (all on your left) until you reach a T-junction with Viglietti's (a sports car dealership) in front of you. Turn right into Roeland Street. Go through one set of traffic lights, at the 2nd set turn left into Buitenkant Street. Follow Buitenkant Road up towards the mountain for 1.6 km...Please refer to "The last step" now
From the Waterfront (arriving by boat):
Quay 4, 5, 6, 7 (Victoria Basin): follow Port Road around a minor traffic circle. At the major traffic circle take the 3rd road leading out of the Waterfront (Dock Road) From Duncan Dock: take the first exit from the major traffic circle (Dock Road) On Dock Road, pass the petrol station on your left,
keep in the right hand lane. Turn right into Buitengracht street at the 2nd set of traffic lights. At the 5th set of traffic lights (just after a petrol station on the corner), turn right into Buitensingel. The 4 traffic lights are: Hans Strijdom, Somerset, Strand, Wale. Follow this road (winding right and then left) through 4 normal traffic lights (and one pedestrian light) (Buitensingel turn to Upper Orange turns to Annandale turns to Mill). The traffic lights are: Long St, Rheede St, Upper Orange and Breda St. Keep left and take an off-ramp to the left passing the Mill Street Post Office. Keep right. Pass through the traffic lights (Buitenkant Street), turn right under the bridge and immediately right again into Jutland. The graffiti wall is on your left. You have turned around 180 degrees on the same dual carriageway. Turn left at the traffic lights up the hill into Buitenkant. Ahead of you at these traffic lights is the Gardens Shopping Centre and to your right the road leads under a bridge (Jutland Road). Follow Buitenkant Road up towards the mountain... Please refer to "The last step" now
From Cape Town Railway Station:
Exit the Railway station turning left into Adderley Street. At the first traffic light, turn left into Strand Street. At the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right into Buitenkant Street. Go through 7 traffic lights. The last 2 take you under Jutland Road bridge and at this stage you will pass the Gardens Shopping
Centre on your right. Follow Buitenkant Road up towards the mountain...
Please refer to "The last step" now
The last step:
Follow the road as it curves to the left (passing a children's park on your right). At the stop street, turn right into Deer Park Drive (a dual carriage way). You are again heading towards Table mountain (passing Herzlia School on your left and the Friendly 7-11 on your right). Turn right at the 2nd road off Deer Park Drive into Conduit Road. eTafileni is the 1st house on your left. The house has green wrought iron fencing, a wooden jungle gym and a wooden swing bench with a thatched canopy in the front garden. Please ring the buzzer for the house. The flatlet buzzer is for your own use and is linked to the flatlet directly. As you drive into the driveway, turn right and park next to the wooden fencing