Wilderness. Wellness. Wildlife.
Elsa’s Farmhouse is a fully-restored Karoo farmhouse with four en-suite bedrooms that are luxuriously appointed and enjoy picturesque views of the African wilderness surroundings. Cosy wooden interiors combined with all the modern comforts of a world-class guest house make for a home-away-home safari getaway. As with any traditional old farmhouse, this self-catering haven centers around a well-equipped kitchen, stocked with chilled soft drinks and mineral waters, and ready for hours of communal cooking with family and friends. Stay in touch with free WiFi, or opt to unplug for a digital detox in this African paradise.
Elsa’s Farmhouse is an idyllic family or group destination, with its own private boma and lapa offering the wide open expanse of the Great Karoo as a backdrop for magical bonfire or braai gatherings. A notable achievement, Elsa’s Farmhouse is powered by a PV Solar Power system, and runs entirely off-the-grid. Although renowned for its wildlife and conservation efforts, Magic Hills also offers Elsa’s Farmhouse guests the opportunity to jump-start their adrenaline with rock climbing and abseiling facilities. Journey back in time with an excursion to recently-discovered rock art sites, to step into the lives of the tribes that walked this rugged land many centuries ago.
At Magic Hills, and Elsa’s Farmhouse, it is our mission to seamlessly facilitate our guests’ connection with Mother Nature and their own inner adventurer, often suppressed by the stresses of daily, urban life. Under the scattering of stars and galaxies of “Dark Sky Country” and the wide-open, breezy air of “Big Sky Country”, allow us to give you the time and space to breathe and just be.
Each of the four en-suite bedrooms is beautifully appointed. Beds can be reconfigured depending on the amount of guests and split of adults and children. Luxurious amenities are provided.
- Cosy lounge with fireplace
- Dining room
- Chef kitchen
- Wrap-around patio
- Swimming pool
- Lapa area
- Boma with outdoor firepit
- Free Wi-Fi
Conservation fees Conservation fees are not included in rates. Fees apply to all guests, including children and are added to all bed nights, including free nights Adults – R150 per person per bed night Children under 14 years – R50 per child per bed night.
- Safari - Private guide and private use of vehicles. EXCLUDED R6000
- Safari – Guided walking safari (12 min age, limited to 6 guests) (Big 5 / dangerous game section). EXCLUDED R350 p/p
- Safari – Guided walking safari (10 min age, limited to 6 guests) (Non-dangerous game section). EXCLUDED R200 p/p
- Safari – Guided morning / afternoon game drive (with Ilanga Manor House - 6 min age). EXCLUDED R300 p/p (3 hours minimum)
- Safari – 4 x 4 experience (All ages). EXCLUDED OWN VEHICLE – R450/day for a guide, max 4 vehicles
- VEHICLE RENTAL – R1500/ day per vehicle with guide *MUST BE REQUESTED BEFORE ARRIVAL*
- Safari – Rock climbing and abseiling (9 min age) Pre booking required. EXCLUDED AND MUST BE REQUESTED PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- Safari – Rock art site visit including a bush breakfast. EXCLUDED R400 p/p
- Safari – Cheetah walk (50% refund if no sightings). EXCLUDED R450 p/p
- Safari —White rhino walk (50% refund if no sightings). EXCLUDED R400 p/p