CURRAGH LAKE COTTAGES
Self Catering Cottages Accommodation
in Underberg, Southern Drakensberg,
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
All cottages are self catering and fully equipped, including linen, pillows and blankets. Bring your own towels. The kitchen is equipped with an electric stove, microwave and fridge / freezer, plus all crockery, cutlery and utensils. Braai facilities are provided but bring your charcoal. Cosy fireplaces give warmth and companionship to chilly winter evenings. You may even be lucky enough to experience a snow storm. Please enquire if wood and coal will be available to buy on the farm.
A maid will service the cottage once a day, Monday to Saturday, in lounge, kitchen and bathrooms only. No service in bedrooms or on Sundays or Public Holidays.
We are no longer pet friendly
Cottages No. 1, 2 & 3 (Unit Type A)
These cottages are set at the top of the lake, thirty metres from the river. A short row through the willows puts you on the lake. They sleep eight people each.
Cottage No. 5 (Unit Type B)
Standing alone on the river bank, 1km up the river from the lake. Sleeps 4 in two bedrooms (main en-suite) plus 2 beds in the lounge. Best for river fishing.
Cottage No. 7 (Unit Type C)
An old stone shed on our top farm, converted to basic facilities, gas paraffin,
lamps and candles. Only for
serious 4x4 vehicles or 2x4 vehicles in dry weather. You are on your own , only
with beautiful scenery and river fishing.
Activities at Curragh Lake:
- We are home to an abundance of bird life and wildlife. Spot the otters, rhebuck and reidbuck and fish eagles.
- Choose to hike up Taba Msilo behind you, for a panoramic view of our mighty Southern Drakensberg, a part of the newly proclaimed world heritage site or gently stroll in the veld with a wealth of wild flowers.
- Bring your tubes for river fun, and mountain bikes to ride the farm roads. Sorry, no quads or motor bikes. We have spectacular trails to follow.
- Bring your passports and 4x4 up the awesome Sani Pass, or organized tours are available from Underberg. Underberg also has a golf course, bowls, tennis and squash only 30km away.
- Finally, fish for our wily, naturally spawned, rainbow and brown trout on our own 15kms of river and 101 hectares lake. There is an extra charge for this, and fly-fishing tackle only is allowed. Bring your own kick-craft or float tubes. We also hire boats if you have none. No power boats, please.
Have you seen our other adverts?AshmeadePear Tree Cottage
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.