Betta Camp Self-Catering
Betta Camp is situated on the C27 and D826 roads that cross the beautiful south-western outback of the Namibia Desert in the Helmeringhausen district.
Betta Camp has a composition of fourteen well-appointed accommodation units. Each room is en-suite with shower and toilet, four room have bathtubs.
All units are fully equipped for self-catering. Shaded patios with seating area and barbeque facilities are available. Family and friends travelling with children are welcome. We have four family units that vary in size. There is also a small swimming pool for guests to take a refreshing dip or relax under the shade of a tree with an ice-cold beverage. The Deluxe unit can accommodate two persons who prefer a little more luxury with the option to linger longer.
Our room configuration:
- Room 1: Double bed en-suite shower & toilet
- Room 2: Twin beds en-suite shower & toilet
- Room 3: Double bed en-suite bath and toilet
- Room 4: Twin beds en-suite shower & toilet
- Room 5 (Family unit): 4x ¾ beds en-suite shower and toilet (Adjacent to this unit is an extra shower and toilet)
- Room 6 (Family unit): 4 x ¾ beds en-suite shower and toilet (Adjacent to this unit is an extra shower and toilet)
- Room 7 (Family unit): Queen size bed with two additional ¾ beds, lounge, kitchen with breakfast nook, fridge and deep freeze. Shaded patio with braai and seating area
- Room 8 (Family unit): Spacious room with six single beds. Private en-suite shower & toilet. Shaded patio with outside braai and seating area
- Room 9 (Deluxe unit): 2 ¾ beds en-suite shower & toilet. A/C, fridge, inside kitchen, outside braai and seating area.
- Room 10: King size bed, en-suite shower, bath and toilet. Inside seating area.
- Room 11: Double bed, en-suite bath, shower and toilet.
- Room 12: Double bed, en-suite shower and toilet.
- Room 13: Double bed, en-suite bath, shower and toilet
Betta also offers six shaded campsites, each with a braai and seating area, washing-up facility, electricity point and an elevated deck from where guests can enjoy the sunset. Hot showers are provided by traditional "donkey" fire.
Enjoy a light lunch under the shaded seating area while your vehicle is refueled. The well-stocked Kiosk & Coffee Shop bake fresh farm style bread and cake daily. Pies, cookies, bottled preserves, fresh meat, hot & cold beverages can also be purchased at the shop.
Breakfast and dinner is provided by prior arrangement. Betta Camp is renowned for its T-Bone steak and wholesome cooking.
The fuel station offers Diesel, Unleaded fuel and minor repairs. Ablution facilities are immaculately clean and maintained for campers and day visitors.
Distance from certain landmarks:
- Helmeringhausen 100km
- Maltahohe 100km
- Duwisib kasteel 20km
- Aus 205 km
- Sesriem 150km
GPS Coordinates: Lat -25.382273 Lng 16.423828
From Maltahohe, drive 36km on the C14 road towards Helmeringhausen.
Turn into D824 road for 11 km, turn into D831 road for 16 km, turn into D826 for 37 km to reach Betta.
Duwisib Castle is 20km before Betta Camp
From Aus, follow the C13 gravel road for 105 km, turn off into the C27 road before reaching Helmeringhausen, drive 100 km to Betta Camp.