The Mediterranean style Guesthouse decorated in an African theme is superbly positioned on the border of Margate and Ramsgate overlooking the warm Indian Ocean. This tranquil venue is less than a 10 minute walk to the centre of Margate, an ideal position for both business and leisure.
Beachcomber Bay is situated on a hilltop with superb breaker and sea views and private access to golden beaches. Enjoy warm hospitality, personal service and sumptuous breakfasts.
Guests may enjoy a refreshing sauna, a spa bath or sunbathe on the pool deck or patios, (where the seasonal whale, dolphin, and sardine runs may be viewed) or partake in a host of activities, and scenic drives.
Beachcomber Bay is within easy reach of eight PGA rated golf courses, including Selborne Country Club, South Broom Golf Club, San Lameer Country Club and the Wild Coast Sun Country Club which are rated in the top 50 courses in South Africa.
A host of activities and a variety of restaurants are easily accessible
Our 3 star TGCSA Guesthouse facilities include:
The bedrooms have:
- En suite bathrooms
- Private entrances
- Televisions with a DSTV with all movie channels and all sport channels
- Bar fridges
- Fans (except Room 1 which is air-conditioned)
- A safe
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Guest amenities including soaps, shampoo, moisturizer and shower gel
The guesthouse has:
- A private pathway giving direct access to the beach
- Wireless internet connection
- A wireless weather station
- A small informative library
- Credit card facilities
- A licensed bar
- A large pool (10m * 4.5m), sun decks and a pool bar.
- A Braai patio
- Secure off-street parking
- A JOJO tank to ensure uninterrupted water supply
- A generator to supply limited electricity in times of power cuts
Breakfast choices include:
- Fruit juice
- Muffins and croissants
- Tea and/or coffee
- Traditional soft porridge
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Associate
- B&B Network South Coast
- Guest House Accommodation of South Africa
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- air conditioner (some units)
- airport (less than 15km)
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- sauna/steam room onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
Take exit 29, at the stop street turn left into Alford Road.
At the next stop street turn left into National Road.
Drive on past Ramsgate Boulevard Shopping Centre (SPAR and Total Garage)
Turn right into Marine Drive, (sign to Ramsgate North)
Continue past La Capannina Italian Restaurant and Natalie's Shell Shop.
Immediately after Tinkers Den turn right into the driveway of Beachcomber Bay at 75 Marine Drive, Ramsgate.
GPS Location (WGS84): S30 52 17.38 E030 21 53.74