Baton Rouge on Sea is an elegantly furnished bed and breakfast. It is situated high on a residential ridge, with spectacular views of the nearby Indian Ocean and Umlalazi Lagoon which is nestled in lush coastal forests. Enjoy breakfast on the patio, surrounded by a lovely garden, and an early morning swim in a sparkling pool.
1hr 30min North of Durban Airport on the N2 Freeway. 35min South of Richards Bay Airport on the N2 Freeway. Beachfront and lagoon ± 2km. 1km to Restaurants, Shops, Pharmacies and Doctors
Accommodation and Facilities:
1 Double Bedroom with seaview , bathroom-en-suite 1 Twin Bedroom, separate bathroom/shower, with sea and river view Private lounge with DSTV and sea and river view Linen and bath towels provided (not beachtowels) .The rooms are serviced daily. Laundry facilities are available on request. Swimming pool
A Security Fence (with a remote-controlled gate) encircles the entire property, providing total security for guests and their vehicles.
Amenities and Activities:
- Hluhluwe, Umfolozi and many other Game Reserves are from 1hr away
- St. Lucia Wetland Park (World Heritage Site) and Hippo Cruise: 1hr 30min Dolphin and Whale Watching at St.Lucia
- Golf Course, Tennis, Bowls, Squash, River & Deepsea Fishing in Mtunzini
- Mtunzini is in the heart of the Zululand Birding Route; rarePalm Nut Vultures and Raffia Palm Forests are found in the village.
- Six Resturants in the village (pizzas included!)
- Zulu & Anglo-Boer Battlefields,Nonquai Fort and Shakaland (daytrip)
- Fully Qualified Safari and Tour Guide can be arranged
- Airport Transfers and all local tours can be facilitated