Ambleside Lodge is nestled at the foot of the majestic Southern Drakensberg mountains, surrounded by shady trees and meandering streams. This surreal berg retreat is situated only 3 hours away from Durban and boasts an elevated position on a 10-acre estate with amazing views of both Rhino Peak and Castle-end. Wander down pathways and discover mountain pools and bushman caves while experiencing the Drakensberg at its best. Safe, comfortable and restful, this is the ultimate in peace and luxury which is geared for the whole family.
The accommodation has two self catering options - The Lodge (8 sleeper) and the cottage (8 sleeper) It boasts a small dam with a shady gazebo and magnificent views looking out towards the setting sun and the castle-end mountain range. The accommodation is very private, comfortable and takes advantage of its elevation and panoramic views of the valley, streams and mountain range. Both the cottage and the lodge have spacious garden areas ideal for families and friends to relax, unwind and soak up the berg atmosphere.
The Lodge offers luxurious & elegant self catering accommodation. It sleeps up to 8 people and includes 3 en suite bedrooms and a smaller fourth bedroom. The master bedroom has a generous king size bed and en suite bathroom that includes a separate shower and jacuzzi bath. The 2nd bedroom has a queen size bed and en suite bathroom which includes a shower/bath combination. The 3rd bedroom has 2 single beds and en suite bathroom with a bath while the 4th bedroom has 2 single beds. All linen and bath towels are provided. The living area is a spacious room that includes wooden floors, a 10 seater dining table and a comfortable lounge with a lovely fire place for those chilly evenings. The kitchen is fully stocked with a dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, microwave, crockery and cutlery - everything you need is at your disposal. An enormous wrap around verandah defines the lodge. The built in braai area includes a lovely outdoor lounge and flows onto a large flat grassed garden.
The Cottage is a quaint thatched, picture postcard retreat, with a lovely country cottage feel. The cottage sleeps 8 people. The main building has 3 bedrooms - the master bedroom has a queen size bed and the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms have 2 single beds. The main cottage has 2 bathrooms. The outside garden cottage (separate unit) has a queen size bed and small en-suite bathroom. All linen and bath towels are provided. The kitchen is well equipped with a gas/electric stove and oven, dishwasher, and plenty of cupboard space. The kitchen opens onto a dining area flowing onto a lovely comfortable lounge with cosy fireplace.
In the event of cancellation, the following rules shall apply:
• More than 60 days prior to arrival: 100% deposit refundable (less a 10%admin fee)
• More than 30 days prior to arrival: 50% deposit refundable (less a 10%admin fee)
• More than 14 days prior to arrival: 25% deposit refundable (less a 10%admin fee)
• Less than 14 days prior to arrival: 0% deposit refundable
• Deposits for Christmas and Easter Holiday bookings are non-refundable
Arrival & Departure Times
• Arrival time is 14:00 or after and Departure time is 10:00 unless prior arrangements have been made.
Terms Of Payment
• Payment of a deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
• A 50% deposit is required to confirm your booking
• We reserve the right to cancel the reservation should we not receive your deposit timeously.
• Deposits are non-transferable and subject to the cancellation policy.
• Full payment is due prior to arrival.
• No refunds for late check-ins or early check-outs.
• Additional guests over and above the number specified on your invoice are not permitted. Failure to comply with this shall result in your booking being terminated and you shall be requested to vacate the property immediately. No refunds shall be granted.
• Guests will be liable for breakages or damage to property.
• There is a no smoking policy inside the units. You will be liable to a fine of R1 000 should you breach such policy.
• Ambleside has a pet free policy. Guests will be required to leave should you arrive with pets. No refund will apply.
• All persons entering the property and using its facilities do so at their own risk. The owners, management, staff or agents of Ambleside Lodge (PTY) Ltd shall not be liable for any damage, loss, theft, injury, accidents or death suffered by any person, howsoever caused and whether by negligence or otherwise.