THE ALOE HOUSE
Self Catering Cottage/ House/ Bungalow Accommodation
in Leisure Bay, South Coast,
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
The ultimate luxury beach getaway. The Aloe House (sleeps 8) is a beautiful
home, designed for relaxation and fun. The interior is effortlessly elegant and
light. Enjoy spectacular sea views with your champagne breakfast and then stroll
down to the beach (300 meters) for a swim.
One of the special features of The Aloe House is the fantastic outdoor
entertainment space. It includes a "built-in" gas braai, food "prep" area,
fridge, 8-seater table and swimming pool, surrounded by a lush tropical garden.
The concept of great entertainment is also reflected indoors. The dining room
and lounge lead on to a large viewing deck and the open plan kitchen allows you
to be a "celebrity chef" while gazing at the horizon.
Upstairs is the main bedroom (en-suite) which is big enough to host a private
tea party. It has its own balcony and ocean views from every corner, including
the large bathroom.
Downstairs, the second bedroom is also en-suite with a queen size bed. There are
two single beds in the third bedroom. Right next door is a large bathroom (with
toilet and bath) as well as a separate guest toilet.
The TV room has a double bed sleeper couch, perfect for kids or anyone who
regularly falls asleep in front of the TV.
The Aloe House is completely secure with perimeter fencing (electrified),
automated gate and a full alarm system linked to a security company. The
housekeeper lives on the property and will service the house daily.
Don't miss the perfect beach holiday place!
Too much work, and no vacation,
Deserves at least a small libation.
So hail! my friends, and raise your glasses,
Work's the curse of the drinking classes.
- pool (with net) and loungers
- outdoor kitchen with 8-seater table
- gas braai/barbecue
- fully fenced (palisade and electric), alarm, armed response
- secure parking for at least 5 cars
- 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- baby camp cot with removable changing mat
- open plan lounge, dining room, kitchen
- separate TV room (includes sleeper couch)
- TV and DStv in main lounge and TV room (bring card)
- ceiling and standing fans
- plug-in mosquito repellents in every room
- full-time domestic worker
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- washing machine and tumble dryer
- bedding and towels provided
- lock-up safe
- smoking outside only
- no pets allowed
- beautiful beach (300m away, easy walk)
- Leisure Bay nature conservancy (lush vegetation and beautiful walks)
- superette for basics (short walk away)
- world-class deli and waffle shop (5 min drive)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- many activities available nearby (see details below): restaurants,
nature trails, casino, golf, fishing, game drives, scuba diving, water
skiing, whale watching (from the viewing deck, or go out to sea - less than
The coast of KwaZulu-Natal gets better and better the further south you head,
and Leisure Bay is testament to that. The beach is beautiful; perfect for
swimming, paddling, boogie boarding and rock pool explorations. There are shark
nets and lifeguards on duty (weekends and holidays).
There are 4 world-class golf courses all within 10 to 20 minutes drive:
Nature Reserves and Birding
- Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve
This is one of KwaZulu-Natal's most spectacular natural settings; the
scenic Port Shepstone.
Ideal for day-excursions, Oribi offers many delightful walks and self-guided
trails to scenic spots in the reserve. There are numerous idyllic picnic
spots on the banks of the river. Wildlife includes leopard, baboon, small
antelope and a prolific bird life (The bird list numbers 250 with five
kingfisher and seven eagle species).
- Mpenjati Nature Reserve
This lush little coastal reserve is less than 10 minutes drive north
from Leisure Bay. The 60 hectare reserve comprises a system of interlinking
wetlands, grasslands and dune forests. The most popular activities are
birding, fishing, swimming, and hiking. Two picnic sites on each bank of the
Mpenjati River have barbecue facilities, ablution blocks, and a children's
- The Wild Five at Oribi Gorge should not be missed.
- Wild Gorge Swing - is the highest swing in the world. You step off the
Lehrs waterfall into the depths of the gorge.
- Wild water rafting - relaxed paddle or rapids on the mighty Umzimkhulu.
- Wild Abseiling - currently the highest natural commercial abseil in the
world at 110 meters.
- Wild Slide - a foofy slide for the less brave; slide 120m along a steel
cable 160m above the ground for a unique view of the gorge and Lehrs falls.
- Wild Hiking and Bike Trails
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.